Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hi everyone! Here's a quick update!

Hi! I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in...well...quite some time. So here's a quick update!

I've been busy at school...I teach the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders now! Really exciting. Each grade is so different and my 3 co-teachers are really fun to work with. I'm busier now because I can't plan ahead and prepare materials ahead of time like I did when I only taught 5th grade. This year, everything happens the day before I teach it! I'm starting to get used to it though :)


Next week is the first English festival of the year! Last year, the first festival was about Easter. Next week, I'm teaching about April Fool's Day!!! I'm going to start the lesson in Spanish. Tell the kids that the Dept. of Educ. decided they needed to learn English AND another foreign language. Since I can speak Spanish (well, you know, just a bit but the kids don't know that!) I will teach them Spanish too! Then I'm going to tell them about April Fool's, show them some good examples, and tell them I have a word search handout for them. The first person to finish it, wins! After a couple minutes I'll tell them, "APRIL FOOL'S! None of the words are there!" Oh, I'm so excited!! 


Alright, I know this is a quick update, but I need to get ready for my day! Today, I get to teach the 4th graders about high-fives, fist bumps, and shaka (hang loose). 


Bye everyone!
~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. 40% of the world lives on 2$ a day or less! be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how it goes. How fun!! Wish I had a teacher like you. :))

    ReplyDelete