Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Teaching Moments

Some teaching moments I've had over the past several weeks.

- Pulled a thumbtack out of a student's ear. He wanted an earring. Really?!?

- Got confused when a student told me she had a "Cope-y." Yeah...that's a nosebleed in Korean. Figured it out pretty fast though!

- Made a student write down 3 reasons for why calling other students trash is a bad thing. She could only come up with two. -__-

- Had a mother of one of my 7th graders come up to me today and thank me for helping her child study and learn English. She said he talks about me all the time. Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :)

- Had a girl student slam down her pencil case in frustration when she didn't finish her word search before class. Apparently, candy is a strong motivator. =)

4 comments:

  1. my three reasons for calling someone trash are stink,don't like you,and don't care about you but I am just a middle school kid! LOL and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    So great to hear about all your new adventures and places. What's even better is that I saw you a week after you posted these. So cool! Look forward to reading about Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    My name is Levina, I found your blog on the TEFl institute website. I'm thinking of teaching English in Korea next fall and wanted to get my TEFL certificate at TEFl institute, I was wondering if I could ask some questions regarding the TEFL certificate. I didn't see an email on here if you could email me I would really appreciate it! My email is levina.moy@gmail.com, if all goes well and if your still in Korea I would love to get together next year! Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. getting to the end of 2 long years!

    ReplyDelete