Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Our Not so Typical Tuesday Night

Hi everyone!
Sorry it has been awhile since I've written a post. I can't believe how fast time is flying! This is a 2 part post...or a preface and a main story...whichever you prefer :)

Preface (Story #1)
Fluke and I have wanted to plan a trip to Jinhae this weekend for the cherry blossom festival. Really famous and popular festival for cherry blossoms. We couldn't decide/figure out when to leave and where to stay. While we were debating/researching/getting frustrated with our language barrier to the majority of information, the train tickets booked up! Thus leading to more frustration. Then, all of a sudden, Fluke found a new blog post from other EPIK teachers. He discovered that we could take a different train to a nearby station and taxi to Jinhae!!! Our problems were solved! BUT THEN, our KEB debit cards would not work online! We couldn't book our tickets! more frustration, blah, blah, blah. So, we decided after school today to go to the Dongdaegu station to buy tickets in person!
Really simple to buy the tickets! Yay!! Then we called our friends to tell them about what we discovered and ended up buying the tickets for them. Now, Fluke, 3 friends and I are heading to Jinhae Saturday morning and have the entire day/night at the festival!!!

Main Story (Story #2)
Since we were already out and about, we figured we would stop to eat dinner downtown! Our friend, Jackie (the one we hiked Mt. Palgongsan with) told us about an amazing pasta restaurant so we headed there.

We each ordered a baked chicken, rice, cheese, onion casserole dish. Since we are in Korea, we got side dishes first! Salad, garlic bread and sweet pickles! When we finished our "appetizers," our waiter asked if we wanted refills! We were hungry so we said, "Yes, please. Kam-sam-ni-da." After more salad and garlic bread, our main dishes arrived!

A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By now, I was full and Fluke was satisfied.

Next, a small dish with chocolate cake squares
topped with whipped cream arrived. The forks they gave us had 2 small prongs. Kinda like the ones used for crab.

My Dessert!
Since we are in Daegu (Most restaurants in Daegu give free dessert/coffee with a meal), when we finished the meal, we each got one dessert! I got what was called the "Ice Cream Fruit" and Fluke got the "Ice Cream Snow." Mine came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a scoop of strawberry ice cream, kiwi, banana, pineapple, and a saltine cracker on top. Fluke's came with vanilla ice cream, fruit and a shaved-ice kind of thing. Both were really tasty. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant! Now for the price...how much would you pay for all this food and prompt, friendly
service???

We paid the equivalent of $18!! Nice huh!?

To finish our night, we stopped at Daiso. My favorite
store in Korea. Like the dollar store where you can get anything and everything you need for really reasonable prices.

Fluke's Dessert!
And this was our Tuesday night!!!

Love and miss you all!
Jenn

PS. Blog post about my awesome K-Pop class is coming soon :)










7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Tuesday. Glad you got your tickets finally to the cherry blossom festival. Please be careful in your travels and please stay together. What a great dinner you had for $18 bucks. Hope all is going well for you two. Continue to have fun and be safe. Love ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds soo gooood i wanna eat your pictures!! im glad you got tickets! and the cherry blossom trees are one of my favorites :) miss you! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see your food pics. Can't go wrong with pasta stuff and you proof it!
    Do you just took pictures of food and eat? Man! You were right that your guys were so hungry. Well,I don't see any pictures of your guys eating!
    PS: I just want to make you smile.And thanks to put in a bigger font size. I love it.

    Can't wait to see the K-Pop class posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll write in bigger font from now on! Love you mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jenn! dana cash here :) your mom gave me your blog info! it sounds like you are having so much fun out there! and all that food...$18! thats amazing! i want to hear about you dance classes too. i am happy to see you are lovin what you are doing. talk to you later!

    p.s. i signed on to this thing with my yahoo account but its only letting me post a comment using my fiances google account...hmmmmm. just lettin you know so your not confused...
    like "who the heck is m.soto!??"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dana!!! My mom told me you were in her dance class! So glad you commented on our blog :) I found a dance studio 15mins walk from my apt--I take K-Pop (like Pop/Hip-Hop) classes! I still need to take pics of the studio and then I'll go into more of the details in a separate blog post...the studio website is all in Hangul so even I can't navigate it yet. There's videos of the dances somewhere...haha

    and CONGRATS on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as u can see i am just catching up on your blogs the chicken thing looked amazing.the deserts wild love dad

    ReplyDelete