Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving in Korea!

I know this post is a little late...but better late than never, right?!!? So...how do a group of English teachers manage to have a Thanksgiving dinner?


First, someone sees an advertisement in a Daegu English magazine on Facebook advertising turkey delivery Thanksgiving weekend. This makes the idea of having a real turkey dinner possible! Next, we decide whose tiny apartment would fit all of us (mine), plan to make a trip to Costco the Friday before our celebration, pay for the turkey, and wait for over a month for the holiday to arrive! Here's pictures from our party!!
The feast!
My plate...
Fluke's plate...
Pumpkin pie, apple pie, cheesecake, and a ton of whipped cream!!
Oh, and you should know that dessert was after a 2hr movie break after dinner!
This is what everyone's dessert plate looked like! ^-^*
Amazing apple pie from Costco!!
We bought the dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and Caesar salad dressing from Costco. We used gravy packets and stuffing mix sent from home. I made garlic mashed potatoes in 2 batches because I don't have a pot large enough to make it in one. Fluke carved the turkey, which was delivered right on time. And that basically covers our Thanksgiving meal~


Now we have to think about our Christmas plans! I'm thinking a nice dinner out...because then there's no dishes! heehee Anyway, Thanksgiving was a huge success! The best part was that we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving in October at a Canadian owned restaurant/store and then U.S. Thanksgiving about a month later :)


Ok, now I have to think about funny things my students say! Fluke's stories are awesome, and I know I have some good ones too...if only I can remember them!


Bye everyone!
~Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Again. Great job and well done,Jenn.Food looks great and that is really TON of whipped cream!
    I like your Christmas plans:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. yummy. And the dessert! On to the next one. Whatever you do will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT TURKEY LOOKS SERIOUSLY GOOD. TOO BAD ABOUT THE PUMP PIE!

    ReplyDelete