Monday, December 5, 2011

Things my Students Say No.2

Back with some more!


Walking through the hallways today, a 7th grade girls stops me and says
Student: "Teacher You! Saturday, I see you. Glasses. No!" 
Me: Ummm...
Student: "You...no glasses today?"
Me: (Aaah, she saw me on Saturday getting new glasses!) "Yes, no glasses today...contact lenses!!"
Student: "Ah, very good. Lenses!?! Teacher, you no wear glasses. Lenses only ok?" 
Me: Ok....?
I guess she didn't like me in my new glasses :(


In class last week, I finally taught a student to say "Nice to see you again." The past year or so, he has been saying "Nice to meet you" every time I see him. First thing he says to me when I walk in today, "Nice to meet you Teacher!" Sigh...


Talking to another English teacher about class, we look up and see an 8th grade girl looking at us intensely. She notices us looking and nods her head wisely at what we just said and says, "Yes...I understand Teachers." We weren't even talking to her!


Bad students have to carry a little slip of paper, and teachers in each of their periods mark down whether or not they are great, good, average, bad, or very bad. At the end of the day, I assume they show their parents? Anyways, one of my better students in 2nd period asked me to sign his, and I did, marking down "good." I noticed that the teacher for 1st period had put down "bad" and I asked him why.
 He said: "Oh, Art is 1st period. Very terrible. I don't like." 


Teaching my 9th grade class about how to use the word "recommend." 
Me: Can anyone recommend a good Korean singer for me to listen to?
Boy: Yes! I recommend G.NA.
Me: Great. Why do you recommend G.NA? 
Boy: (looks at all of his friends before saying this) She is very glamorous! (At which point, the whole class starts to laugh...)
Me: Ummm. (I turn to my Korean co-teacher and ask her what "glamorous" means). Blushing furiously, she says that it means that G.Na has a very big "chest." ^__^





2 comments: