Thursday, February 3, 2011

Greetings!

Hello Everyone!


So it's finally happening! In two weeks, I leave for S.Korea to teach English...for one whole year! It's going to be a long and crazy ride, and I have no idea whats going to happen. I just can't seem to figure out what to pack though. I mean, how do you pack for a whole year? I guess I would have to bring all my favorite clothes, but i don't really have "favorite" clothes. I just have comfy clothes, and non-comfy clothes. But I have to bring my non-comfy clothes, because those are the ones I have to go to work in... :( Anyways, I thought I'd collect my thoughts, and write a list!


Packing for S.Korea list (for a whole year...whaa??)
1. Clothes
2. ...Xbox???


As you can see, I'm not much of a planner. I think I'm going to just put whatever I can, into whatever I'm allowed to bring, and go from there. I mean, S.Korea is a pretty well-developed country, from what I've read, so they should have a lot of things there that I would need...right? Although I did look up on some forums, and one thing that most people recommended were deodorant. Yeah, who would've thought right? But thats fine, deodorant is cheap, and I am kind of particular to Old Spice, so I'll buy like 5 sticks and call it a day.


Ok, ok, lets back up a step. Whats going on here? I'm going to S.Korea? Yup! Here is some much needed background info on what this blog is going to be about! It is the first post after all. My girlfriend and I are going to teach in S.Korea! I'm sure you will be hearing from her too, because not only is this my blog, it is also hers! We made this blog for all our family and friends, so if you are reading this, we love you guys, and miss you already! (Even though technically we haven't left yet). Anyways, we are going to be in Daegu, which is the 3rd or 4th largest city in S.Korea. It's going to be my first taste of the city after having lived in suburbs/military bases/small towns for most of my life. Why are we doing this? I say...why not?? In all seriousness though, its something I've wanted to do for a while now. It gives me the chance to experience a completely different land and culture, and also the chance to learn something about myself. I'm just glad that I get the chance to do all this with my beautiful gf, whom I love very much. (Bring out the candy corn, I know). Well, I think thats about it, and I don't know when I'll next update this. Maybe when I actually get to S.Korea?? That would probably make sense huh? Until then, see you later!

2 comments:

  1. What a great adventure and experience for you both. What I have to say now is the usual parental stuff: be safe, take care of each other, be aware of your surroundings, keep up with the news, and of course, have fun. Take in all the cultural differences, realize what is really the same everywhere, and know how much your families love and miss you, especially your moms. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the travel memoirs of Jenn and Fluke! Now I have to say the usual Sister stuff: HAVE FUN! and Live every moment to the fullest!! This is a once in a lifetime chance :) miss you both already! As dad would say....Let's Party!!!!

    ReplyDelete