Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Here's what I've learned since Tuesday

Well, we survived the 12 hour plane ride, the overnight layover, and the long wait at Gimhae to get on the bus to orientation! I've learned so much already about international travel and thought I would share...

1. A neck pillow is a MUST (thank you Grammy)
2. An overly stuffed backpack should be avoided at all costs. It took up the majority of my precious foot space and it was extremely irritating.
3. Eat light (thanks Dad)
4. Turbulence is to be expected (Thanks to Fluke's mom for the heads up. I actually didn't freak out)
5. A sleep mask is definitely necessary (Thanks for the gift Fluke!)
6. Wear bulky stuff and then put it in the overhead bin (Thanks for the suggestion Dad!)
7. Travel with a buddy (i.e. Fluke) to take turns going potty and watching bags and stuff.
8. Good headphones. The ones they provide suck and it makes it difficult to hear the dialogue in the movies.
9. Don't pass up the little cups of water/juice. I really think that's why I didn't get dehydrated.

hmm...I thought I would have at least ten, but I think that's it for now!

I'll keep you posted on the happenings of orientation! I was placed in the "Intermediate Korean" class because I passed the reading test. Thank you Uncle Rich for that book!!

I love and miss you all!
~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. I should've gotten you something for the plane ride or given you advice so you could've thanked me too!!! :) miss you, love ya sis! and fluke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10. Use the biggest piece of luggage available (thanks Jaime!)

    haha and thanks for following our blog!

    ReplyDelete